martedì, settembre 06, 2016

OUT TODAY!

Apprentice in Death (In Death, #43)Apprentice in Death by J.D. Robb
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another good story for Eve Dallas, that has to deal with a LDSR (a long distance serial killer) and his/her apprentice. Are they really choosing people randomly or there is an hidden plot there somewhere? And who are they, two psychopaths or even something worse? A good plot for one of my favorite heroine ever.

Un'altra bella storia per Eve Dallas che stavolta ha a che fare con un serial killer che colpisce dalla distanza e il suo apprendista. Stanno veramente scegliendo vittime a caso o c'é un motivo dietro alle stragi? E chi sono? Due psicopatici che si sono trovati nella loro patologia o anche qualcosa di peggio? Una buona trama per la mia eroina preferita.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!


Reductionism in Art and Brain Science: Bridging the Two Cultures

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Everything Kandel writes, needs to be read. That said, if you are interested in art and paintings and you are also a connoisseur of the Human Brain, this book is the perfect gift you can get for yourself. I would have just loved to know more about arts to enjoy this book as it should, anyway it's clear and full of pictures, so don't worry.

Sono sempre stata dell'idea che sia necessario leggere qualsiasi cosa scritta da Eric Kandel; detto questo se siete interessati all'arte e alla pittura e vi considerate un "fine conoscitore" delle neuroscienze, questo libro é il regalo migliore che possiate farvi. Io avrei solo desiderato conoscere piú storia dell'arte per apprezzarlo in toto, ma non preoccupatevi perché é pieno di immagini.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW!



 Here I AmHere I Am by Jonathan Safran Foer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First of all I have to say that I consider "Eating animals" the best book I read by Foer, so you can probably understand why I struggle to get to the end of all the others. I can understand there is something very good in the way he writes: the deconstruction of a marriage and of Israel; still it was almost painful for me to read all the pages. Mostly because the humor, that should be Jewish humor, is far from mine, mostly because I come from Italy :) Second because the two parts of the book are really far from one another and it was as I have to resettle and read a new book, to be precise my idea was like going from Roth to Chomsky, if you catch my meaning. So I would recommend this book to somebody who is already in love with this author, that can forgive him his endless plot and discussion, but I don't think it's for everybody to appreciate it.

Prima di tutto devo avvertirvi che io considero "Eating animals" il miglior libro di Foer e l'unico a cui sono arrivata in fondo senza grossi traumi, quindi ora magari potete anche capire perché questo é stata un'ennesima battaglia. Posso capire che ci sia qualcosa di geniale nel suo modo di scrivere: il mettere in parallelo la decostruzione di un matrimonio e dello stato di Israele, ma resta comunque pesante. Forse perché lo humor ebraico é per me poco conosciuto e diverso da quello a cui sono abituata e secondo poi perché le due parti del libro in qualche modo sono cosí diverse tra loro che mi sono dovuta "riadattare", un po' come passare da Roth a Chomsky se capite cosa intendo. Quindi consiglierei questo libro solo a chi conosce giá Foer e riesce a leggerlo senza problemi, peró non penso sia per tutti.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

 Super Sushi Ramen Express: One Family's Journey Through the Belly of JapanSuper Sushi Ramen Express: One Family's Journey Through the Belly of Japan by Michael Booth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked this book, because is as interesting as entertaining, and I learned many new things about Japan and its cusine and now I would really love to go there and prove almost everything, almost. I you are interested in a one very strange foreign country and its very special recipes, this book is for you.

Questo libro mi é piaciuto veramente tanto perché é sia interessante che divertente, inoltre ho imparato un sacco di cose nuove sul giappone e sulla sua cucina, tanto che ora vorrei proprio farci un salto e provare tanti nuovi piatti, ma non tutti. Se questo strano paese cosí alieno vi interessa e vi piacciono anche le ricette, questo libro fa proprio per voi.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

 Angel Catbird, Vol. 1 (Angel Catbird, #1)

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's a good story, with Margaret Atwood involved it could be no less of course, but still it's not impressive, or at last it wasn't for me. Maybe it will get better in the future.

È una storia sufficientemente buona (vorrei vedere considerato che ha partecipato Margaret Atwood) ma non é niente di particolarmente indimenticabile, o almeno non per me. Magari migliora in futuro.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: